Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Parkour

SAMPARKOUR from Wiland Pinsdorf on Vimeo.

When I was in kindergarten, I used to launch myself off the top of jungle gyms because I desperately wanted a broken leg (crutches looked fun...& I was a freak-child.). I always ended up running back to class depressed that I wasn't being whisked away in an ambulance, sirens blazing en route to the promised land of bright pink casts and toy crutches (admit it - crutches are the most coveted toy for children b/c you can't buy them at grocery stores & they're reserved only for the physically harmed, which was a very small - and in my mind - lucky minority.)

Anyway, I really should have picked up "parkour", a monkeyish sport my childhood would've loved, but sadly missed out on. Here is Wiland Pinsdorf's 'Samparkour', beautifully shot in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

No comments:

Post a Comment