Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Aerosmith - Boston 6/16/'09

Aerosmith - Train Kept A Rollin live Boston from AeroCanuck on Vimeo.

Aerosmith opens with Train!!! Show was awesome. Went w/ my big sis Keely (who introduced me to Aerosmith back when I was 11 years old). Have to admit: Steven's slowed down a little. He wasn't spazzing around like he normally does, and he didn't talk to the crowd as much as he used to. That being said, Steven totally rocked, and his attitude & righteous wardrobe were all there. And Joe Perry: still has it all! So f-ing cool.

The band played a lot of their old gems, some of which I hadn't heard live before -- and it all rocked! And by "old", I don't mean late '80s MTV. I'm talking "Uncle Salty", "No More, No More", "Train Kept A Rollin", "Adam's Apple". Gritty, bluesy.

At the end, Drop Kick Murphy's (the opening act) joined Aerosmith on stage for a duet of "Love That Dirty Water", which was fitting as the two Boston-based bands played in their hometown.

All in all, it wasn't the best I've seen from them, but they always put on a great show, and I'm still as obsessed as ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment