Saturday, March 28, 2009

What's hot in China: chicks who look like anime characters

I was hanging out w/ Lei Heng & some of her friends, and they asked me if I thought the actress in 'Slumdog Millionaire' (Freida Pinto) is pretty. And obviously my answer was YES, because that girl is gorgeous. But here's the thing: she's just blah according to Chinese culture's standard of beauty. They couldnt understand why Westerners think she's pretty. And I couldn't understand why they thought Freida's face looks like it's been beat w/ a shovel.

So I asked them what kind of features they considered attractive for girls. Answer: big eyes, small nose, small mouth. Kindof sounds like China digs girls who look like anime characters. (see below. yeah, i don't really know what's up w/ the fishnet stockings, but it's one of the first images that popped up when i googled 'anime character chinese girl'.)

No comments:

Post a Comment