Monday, August 30, 2010

Dizzee Rascal & my strip-club experience

So I went to my first strip club the other week (it was my friend's birthday..for some reason they were convinced I'd thoroughly enjoy this experience..). Anyway, I went to some uber-classy place in Portland called Sassy's, where apparently the prerequisite to nekkid dancing are hair extensions & tattoos. Lots of tattoos. (So I guess that means I'll never get to shake it there..awww, shucks!)

I was quite shocked to discover that the women dance ass-naked. As in, no bikini or thong (you know, like in the movies). I found the dancing to be quite demeaning to women, though the tunes were really quite great. So great, in fact, that I proceed to almost get myself thrown out by security for Shazaming a lil diddy entitled, "Fix Up, Look Sharp" by Dizzee Rascal. Shoving my spacephone out in front of the speakers (& completely ignoring the stripper who was apparently dancing right next to the speakers), I soon found myself surrounded by security guards, whilst someone yells over the microphone, "LADIES & GENTLEMEN, PLEASE PUT ALL CELL PHONES & CAMERAS AWAY". Feeling the need to explain myself, I decide to wave my spacephone around and reply, "NO, NO Look look! I swear, I'm just using Shazam! The song is phenomenal I just HAVE to get the name of it!!", which only causes the Security to look angrier and meaner. I took that as a cue to leave. But at least I left having discovered this gem of a dance track:

Dizzee Rascal - "Fix Up, Look Sharp" from Ruben Fleischer on Vimeo.