Thursday, April 2, 2009

They think i'm Korean

(...at the risk of sounding incredibly obnoxious...) Normally I don't dress too snazzy here in Xi'an because it's so dusty/dirty. But last week, for no reason in particular, I decided to look good. (and by "look good", I mean matching/colors that hookup from toe-to-head, good pair of kicks, maybe sporting a blazer over a T, and most likely wearing turquoise and/or purple. Ooooo, uhhh did I really just admit all this?...yeahhh, hmm...).

Anyway, several locals asked me if I was Korean, which is the first time that's ever happened to me in my life. I think I'll take it as a compliment -- China still has beef w/ Japan, so China tends to look to Korea for cultural influence (fashion, music, etc.). Basically Koreans are considered really cool. And by association, that would make me....

No comments:

Post a Comment